Booking Terms and Conditions – In these booking conditions, ‘you’ and ‘your’ means all those named on your booking, including anyone added at a later date. ‘We’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ means Running Hare Holidays.
Please read all the other information referring to your booking, including all information and any specific conditions or restrictions set out below or in the website description.
When an agreement between us is made – When making a booking with Running Hare Holidays we will e-mail you an acknowledgement of the booking, including details of the total cost and payment requirements. The booking is secured and an agreement entered into only once a deposit of 25% of the total cost is received (or the full balance if the booking is made within 6 weeks of your arrival). We will send you a booking confirmation email showing that your deposit has been received. If a deposit is not received within 7 days of the acknowledgement e-mail the booking will be forfeited.
Payment – When you book, you must pay the deposit amount then due by bank transfer or cheque. We must then receive the rest of the money owed no less than 6 weeks before your stay begins. An e-mail reminder will be sent for the balance.
If you book less than 6 weeks before your stay begins, we must receive full payment of the total cost when you make the booking. All payments are to be made in £ Sterling.
If you do not make any payment due in relation to your booking by the appropriate date, we are entitled to assume that you want to cancel your booking. In this case, your booking may be treated as cancelled immediately.
Refundable Bond – A fully refundable bond is also required for an amount of £200 for Running Hare Barn and £100 for The Old Piggery. This is to be paid at the time of the balance (i.e. 6 weeks before the booking commences) and will be returned in full within 7 days of the end of the booking. However, should any damage to the property or contents, beyond reasonable wear and tear, be incurred by you or excessive additional cleaning be required, the cost of this will be advised to you after the booking is complete and taken from the bond. Proof of damage and costs will be supplied where possible.
Fuel and Electricity – Electricity charges are included in the rental cost of the property.
Arrival and Departure – You can arrive at your property at any time after 4.30pm on the start date of your rental period. You must leave by 9.30am on the last day. Arrival details, including access arrangements, will be e-mailed to you approximately 2 weeks before the start of your booking. If you fail to arrive by midday on the day after the start date of your holiday without letting us know, we may treat your booking as having been cancelled by you. In this situation, we will not refund any money you have paid.
Running Hare Holidays agrees to:
- supply the property in a clean and warm condition with all appliances/devices/furniture in proper working order;
- deal with any problems as they occur and to make best efforts to remedy any problems that occur during the rental period when we are advised of them.
You and all members of your party agree:
- to keep the property clean and tidy;
- to leave the property in a similar condition as you found it when you arrived, including all equipment, fixtures and fittings. If additional cleaning is required the refundable bond may be used to cover this;
- to behave in a way at all times while at the property which does not break any law;
- not to use the property for any illegal or commercial purpose;
- not to sublet the property or otherwise allow anyone to stay in it who we have not previously accepted as a member of your party. Not to arrange for visitors to the property without our consent;
- not to behave in an anti-social manner, or otherwise act in a way which may disrupt or affect the enjoyment of others;
- to notify us immediately, if you discover that anything is missing or damaged on arrival or if anything is damaged during your stay;
- to notify us immediately if you or any member of your party display any symptoms of Coronavirus (as per the Govt guidelines) during your stay. You must also follow the Dept of Health official guidelines, which currently require guests to take a Covid-19 test, return home and advise us if the test result is positive. If, in the unlikely event that you or any member of your party are too ill to travel and have to self-isolate in the property, you will be liable for any additional cost to cover future cancellations should this become necessary, as we are unable to obtain insurance to cover this eventuality;
- to be responsible for and agree to reimburse to us all costs incurred by us as a result of any breakage or damage in or to the property, which is caused by you or any members of your party or any other persons invited into the property by you. If significant damage repair costs are incurred, which exceed the amount of the refundable bond, a County Court Claim may be used to recoup these;
- to allow us to enter the property (without letting you know first if this is not practical or possible) if special circumstances or emergencies happen (for example if urgent repairs need to be carried out) or if you break any of these booking conditions, or any other terms and conditions that apply to your booking and/or the property;
- Running Hare Holidays and its representatives shall not be liable to you or any member of your party for loss or damage to personal property. You must take all necessary steps to protect and safeguard your personal property;
Property Specific Conditions:
- Smoking is strictly forbidden in either property.
- Because of the thatch, the setting off of fireworks is strictly forbidden in the vicinity of either property.
- It is critical that the bath/showers on the first floor of Running Hare Barn are not allowed to overflow. We have had two occasions where this has happened and the damage and subsequent cost of repairs has been significant. If it is allowed to happen, for whatever reason, guests will be charged the full cost of repairs.
- We have had to replace the sewage pump on several occasions, which has been damaged by wet wipes and other sanitary products being flushed down the toilets. Any damage caused by the flushing of wet wipes and other sanitary products will be chargeable.
- Any fuels, other than wood, must not be used in the Old Piggery woodburner. These can produce higher temperatures than the stove is designed for and result in damage, which will be chargeable.
- Dogs are allowed on beds, but please use the throws to avoid making the bed linen hairy, as the laundry charge extra to remove the dog hairs and we will have to pass this charge on to you.
Generally – We can refuse to hand over the property if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party is likely to upset other guests, our staff or neighbours, or if we believe you or any member of your party will cause damage or loss to any part of the property. If this happens, the contract between you and us will end and you will not receive any refund and we will have no further responsibility to you.
We can end a stay after the keys have been handed over, if the unreasonable behaviour of anyone in your party, including anyone invited into the property by you, is likely to spoil the enjoyment, comfort or well-being of other guests, residents, neighbours, or our staff or where you or any member of your party, or anyone invited into the property by you, has broken or is likely to break any of these booking conditions, the terms and conditions or any other conditions applying to the property. If this happens, you will have to leave the property immediately and no refund will be given. You may also be responsible for any costs we incur as a result of your behaviour.
Complaints – In the event of a complaint or problem with the provision of the accommodation, it is essential that you contact us immediately if any problem arises and in all instances before the end of your stay, so that it can be dealt with as soon as possible. It is often very difficult and sometimes impossible to sort out problems properly unless we are told promptly. If you discuss the problem during your stay at the property, it can usually be sorted out straight away. No refunds or compensation can be made if problems or complaints are only notified after the end of your stay.
Cancellation by you – If you cancel your booking, you should immediately confirm your cancellation by email to email@example.com . The day you email your cancellation is accepted as the date of cancellation, provided we acknowledge receipt of your cancellation. If you do not receive an email acknowledgement, you must assume we have not received your notice. If you cancel, we will make a cancellation charge, as shown below.
|If you cancel||Cancellation charge|
|More than 42 days (6 weeks) prior to your arrival date||Your full deposit is lost|
|42 days or less prior to your arrival date||Your full balance is lost|
We are unable to offer refunds or changes of dates if you find you are unable to take the holiday you have booked, therefore HOLIDAY INSURANCE IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED to cover such eventualities.
Cancellation by Running Hare Holidays – In the unlikely event that it becomes necessary for us to cancel your booking the only liability we have will be to refund any payments made in full.
Cancellation due to Covid-19 Government imposed lockdown – if your holiday is cancelled specifically due to the reintroduction of further lockdown measures, either at a local or national level, we will refund fully any monies paid or move your holiday to a future date if you prefer, providing documentary evidence is provided to support any claim.
Your information – To process your booking we will need to collect and process personal information. We would like to send you information about Running Hare Holidays, including special offers for future holidays. We will do this by email. If you would rather that we did not do this, please tell us when you book. Our privacy statement can be found on our website.